Wednesday 22 August 2012

L.I.B. Free Talk

'LIB Free Talk' is a paradox of the day to day affairs in post war Liberia. It is a drama about three friends, Che-che-poley, Dropping-figuel, and Too-open who meets regularly at the Altai (Chinese gunpowder tea) center to argue and analyze the latest gossip around town, which, according to Liberians, has some truth behind it.


Che-che-poley: My man whettin' dis I hereing so? so dat true lay say lay papay na comin' back again?

Too- open: Dat woo you assing, you can go ass lay O'ma, ehn dat her bring dey Papay here? Becusor powor bisness na she gay lay papay to lay peepo, but allor dem way go, jeas witt!

Che-che-poley: Go where? Dat Uncool Sam own sef put dey o'ma here you na no, pekin you junkay enh?

Dropping-figuel: Aaa my man, your pa your like noise business oh.

Too- open: You pa you no plentay bolk.

Dropping-figuel: My man shet lup let me talk! You na know lay papay tone? Weh carray him in lay peepo kontray?

Too- open: For lay diemon bisness na? But, hi but Amerika dat go in Irik for lay peepo oil bisness? Who hummor dem?

Dropping-figuel: You pa Open, you say you open, but you close. We and Amerika dat the same? You na know we poor country, and we jest from fightin' war?

Che-che-poley: I swear oh. We and Uncool Sam dat lay same? Talk na, you jekin'.

Too- open: Jekin' for wat, Amerika dat whettin'? Oooh, dat yor can respet dem oh, but lay na nantin'! Dat wat lay papay wanneh to dirlay dem for. You na no dat lay papay open our eyeball?

Che-che-poley: Oh, so we was blind firs?

Too- open: Yea, you na no? Normal day yor papay dem wuz using cellfone.


Dropping-figuel: My man Open, you neel to go back to school before a get late for you oh, eversince you say lay papay will come, now you nan see he'ain't coming jest now, so go lant something aah my man before it get too late a.

Che-che-poley: And you see lay people say lay pikin na no book, so he go lant, and na he na feney wit scool.

Too- open: Lay one yor lant, whet lay job yor doing for it na? Na me and yor here drinking atai?

Dropping-figuel: Okay oh my man, sorry ya. My own pa any time compny start operating I sure of myself,  I way get work, but you pa, you still waiting for lay papay to come so yor can start operating like before, and na jest na oh. Me I see yor ya, one of my boy jest dropd from the cold, I won go drop him outta some kinda quick mal.

Che-che-poley: Okay oh doctor, you pa dropping figuel that yor araw.

Too- open: Hi but you, wheyor owna araw? A look let lay o'ma paying you to talk plentay ehn?


Che-che-poley: Me pa I won no oh, i husoler, any govman come dat it. And Mary Broh will gave vacation job to lay stulen dem wen Chrismas come, i will go there again for my tear five.

                                                             To be continue...


No comments:

Post a Comment